Your roof protects not just your home and personal belongings, but it also protects your family from the harsh elements. Replacing your roof might be one of the most expensive projects you have done at your home and figuring out how to pay for it, might be difficult. Here are some tips to make sure you can replace your roof when the time comes.
The typical life expectancy of a roof is 15-25 years. While it is not an exact science on when your roof will fail, if you keep this time frame in mind, it will help you to better prepare.
- Set aside a savings each month to go towards your roof replacement. If your roof is 5-10 years old, you might only need to set aside $50.00 a month depending on the size of your home. If you are closer to 10-15 years setting aside a couple hundred a month would be wise.
- We know that not everyone will or would be able to save up to pay for their roof replacement in full with cash on hand, so here at Ascent Roofing Solutions we also accept credit card payments to help.
- Home Equity Loan – With this type of loan from the bank, you could borrow money against your home’s equity. Typically, these loans will have a lower interest rate than a traditional credit card.
- In-house financing – Typically, we are able to provide financing of your project for a low set fee. Just let us know you are interested in this option, and we will be happy to provide you with the details.
- Insurance Claim – Obviously not all roof replacements could be done via an insurance claim, but if there is a possibility that our trained staff see signs of damage that could be covered by insurance during your inspection, they will inform you. Our staff will work closely with your insurance company to handle that claim process and take it off your plate.
If worrying about paying for your roof replacement is the only reason you haven’t given us a call, just call or click the link to request a quote and we will let you know how we can help! (614)280-1043.